YouTube Creator Insider Summary (personal notes)
A lot happens in the YouTube algorithm. I’m not really a YouTuber but I’m interested in understanding how the product evolves. The YouTube team gives some insights regularly. The goal here is to summarize these insights for a quick retrieval.
The channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGg-UqjRgzhYDPJMr-9HXCg These are my personal notes, maybe there are not correct or contain errors. The link to the original video is published. Please, refer always to the original source
January 25, 2022
Introduction of a new guided policy experience: many creators expressed frustration about policy issues (age restriction etc.) with their content. A new guided flow will be available on desktop before the end of the month.
Super Thanks: feedback received the rollback will be available this spring.
January 18, 2022
- the 'Read-Only' users can access the comments on Studio Creator Mobile
January 11, 2022
On the scatter plot is now possible to see videos that have similar topics to the one selected.
The goal of this change is to compare the video in analysis with similar videos in the channel to see if it had better or worst results.
From the Insider’s comments: To access the report: Click on ADVANCED MODE on the top right of your Channel Analytics Overview of Studio desktop > COMPARE TO on the top right > "First 24 hours video performance”.
December 22, 2021
- When a viewer buys Super Thanks, the comment (Thanks!) is now editable. The feature is not introduced yet for every user and creator.
- Now it’s possible to export the list of the members of the channel to CSV.
- IFTT partnership, creators can create a members-only form to collect info from the members. Rolled out but English only. https://ifttt.com/explore/youtube-creator-connections
- YPP program: a new guideline for dishonest behavior policy